A guided walking tour around the Hynish lighthouse shore station
From Bronze Age axe heads to the magnificent Skerryvore lighthouse, Hynish is one of Tiree’s gems. Join professional tour guides, Fiona and Rachel, on a ninety minute walk to discover the fabulous heritage of Hynish lighthouse shore station.
Go back in time and imagine the sounds as huge slabs of stone were cut with precision only master stone-masons could achieve. Climb the stairs in the watch tower and, on a fine day, get a glimpse of one of the most graceful of all lighthouses. Visit the once stinking privy and ponder how the local people of Tiree, perceived these incomers with their grand gates, piles of fuel and Aberdeen accents.
Guidance for attendance:
- Wear sturdy shoes - this walk is on uneven, often slippery ground. If you have any mobility concerns, please contact the guides directly for advice.
- Difficulty Level – moderate.
- Bring appropriate rain proof clothes - this walk will go ahead even in bad weather.
- Children are the responsibility of the adults they come with at all times.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome. They must be kept on a lead at all times.
- If you book and decide to cancel you can request a refund or a transfer. The booking fee is non-refundable.
- The Tour Guides will have the right to cancel due to weather, and in this case would offer a refund or transfer to another tour.
- Tours cost £15 for an adult and £5 for a child [plus Eventbrite booking fees].
- Tours will be for a maximum of 12 people.
You can book on a tour using the listsings below or on our Eventbrite page.